We run classes every Thursday evening at the Gregson Centre (33 Moorgate, Lancaster, LA1 3PY). There is no need to book in advance, or start on a particular date, you can just come to any Thursday class! Please keep in mind that we restarted classes on a new rota with a pattern of solo jazz – improvers – fundamentals:
- Thursday 21st Oct 2021 – Jazz (all levels welcome)
- Thursday 28th Oct 2021 – Improvers
- Thursday 4th Nov 2021 – Fundamentals
We intend to continue like this until Christmas.
Please check our Facebook page for more info.
You don’t need to bring a partner as we rotate partners during classes. Just bring yourself, your feet and some comfortable shoes to dance in! You don’t need to go out and buy dancing shoes, just avoid very grippy shoes like trainers or very high heels – flat, smooth soled shoes which will stay on your feet securely are ideal. We’re a friendly bunch and always happy to meet new dancers!
We would like you to help us maintain a COVID safe environment (no one wants to get Ill or have to self isolate). So please take the following measures before and during attending EVERY week.
- Lateral flow test. Only come if negative result (you can buy them in Sainsbury’s or free from the Government webpage)
- Have the NHS app and scan / register on arrival at Gregson
- Regular hand washing throughout class
- We will ensure good ventilation, hand sanitizer and sign in
- Facemasks are not compulsory but are encouraged
- Dancing bubbles where required (in this case, you should self-organise before class)
- Please do not come if you feel unwell in any respect.
We teach something different each week so keep an eye on our Facebook page to find out what’s coming up!We charge £5 per night, for students and any other concessions, a discount of £1 applies (£4). Please bring student ID or have a word with one of the Committee for concessions (low income, unwaged, in receipt of benefits etc). We operate a loyalty card scheme so if it’s your first time then please pick up a card and get your first stamp! Once you have a full card you can use it to come to a class or jam circle for free, or to get a discount on one of our workshops.