Terms and Conditions
Bookings and/or attendance at Lancaster Lindy Circle (herein referred to as “LLC”) classes and events are accepted by us on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. By making your booking and/or attending an event you understand and agree to be bound by them at all times.
Safety and conduct
- LLC implement the STEPS code of conduct.
- Breaches of this code of conduct may result in you being asked to leave and being banned from future events.
- We reserve the right to take whatever action we feel is appropriate to protect the safety and wellbeing of people in our scene and at our events; this may include asking people to leave our classes and events and/or contacting the police. However, we will respond to information in a measured and discrete way and will involve you in the decision-making progress regarding what action we take.
- We maintain an incident log that is controlled in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). You may request access to information in this log that we hold about you, but certain portions of these records may be redacted in order to protect the anonymity of other people involved.
- Under the Data Protection Act (1998) we may share information in this log with other voluntary organisations (for example, neighbouring scenes in order to protect the wellbeing of other dancers) and the police.
- In the event that you cannot attend a booked event then LLC will refund the full ticket cost in the event that your cancellation is due to bereavement, or other circumstances at LLC’s discretion. Please contact us to discuss cancellation.
- Bookings may not be transferred to another person without LLC’s permission. To transfer a ticket please contact us.
- Booking transfers must not adversely affect the lead/follow balance at the event.
Change of details
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, LLC reserves the right to change the details of advertised events (e.g., timings, teaching line-up, bands, DJs, competitions and prizes) at short notice.
- To maintain the quality of our events, LLC endeavour to have a lead/follow balance such that no follow (lead) is out more than once every three leads (follows) and sell tickets in such a manner to achieve this ratio.
- Making bookings to circumvent this lead/follow balance (e.g., booking a lead ticket but intending to follow) may lead to you being asked to leave without a refund.
- Anyone attending LLC events agrees to being filmed or photographed and for those media to be used for LLC promotional purposes.
- All media captured at an LLC event remain the copyright of LLC and may be used at any time.
- LLC offer loyalty card discounts for workshops and events. The value of these discounts is set at the discretion of the LLC committee.
- LLC also offer concessionary discounts at regular events and classes. Concessions are available for attendees who are unwaged/receive low wages, in receipt of benefits, single parents, pensioners, students, and for other circumstances at the discretion of LLC.